Intramural Sports at Swarthmore College offers various opportunities for competitive sports in addition to Varsity and Club Sports opportunities. Intramural Soccer and Basketball are regularly scheduled each year. IM sports are student run and student managed and as such are open to a wide variety of new ideas each year. With the assistance of the Intramural Director Renee DeVarney, students in the past have organized flag football, tennis ladders, volleyball, dodgeball, and kickball leagues.
Jobs Available (Fall 2012)
- Basketball Commissioner
- Basketball Scorekeepers
If interested, contact Intramural Director
Outdoor Soccer Rules
- 25 minute halves, 5 minute halftime break, no overtime. (Games can end in a tie)
- IM soccer is governed by NCAA soccer rules with modifications. (see attached modifications).
- In the standings, teams will get +2 points for a win, +1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss, and -1 points for a forfeit.
- If a team forfeits more than two games, they are not eligible to compete in the championships.
- The top four teams in the point total will compete for the championship.
- Championship winning team members receive a t-shirt.
- All games played at Cunningham Fields - Rain or Shine
- Teams should wear similar colored shirts and arrive at field 15 minutes before start time.
- Team captain should fill out roster on score sheet of each player who is present that day.
- Changes to the roster can only occur between the first and second week of play.
- Players who are presently on Swarthmore's varsity men's and women's soccer teams are not eligible to play in this league, regardless of when their season ends.
- The time keeper / score keeper at each game will keep the time, record goals, and complete the score sheet. If no time keeper or score keeper is present, the winning team must complete a score sheet and submit it to the commissioner.